Friday, April 29, 2011

Have Pump need Power.

Yesterday there was a very strong wind storm in the area. Even today some places are still without electricity. Anyone who was outside yesterday can attest to all the debris on the roads and the strong winds. I was out visiting the lactation consultant in Merrickville so that we can get Miss C solely on the boob and stop the whole bottling thing which will hopefully mean the end of pumping. So what does all this have to do with the power outage. Well I still have to pump to get milk for Miss C at least till we go Direct from the Source. And do you know what powers the pump...electricity.  Hard to pump when there is a power outage. Luckily as mentioned the Lactation Consultant has been my savior in more ways then one. I was able at least to keep Ceilidh satisfied till the power came back on 5 hours later. Worse case scenario I guess I could always pack up my pump go the the hospital and use there power. They always have a generator. Of course how silly would I look "Hi my medical emergency is the need for power to pump milk for my child".
Doing what she does best, its a gift.
Well at least this week my mother has been around to help and of course to tell me how I should be doing things. But I guess what mother wouldn't be giving out advice. It will be interesting to see how I do next week when I go solo. I have all sorts of appointments for Miss C so this will be fun juggling traveling, feeding, pumping see why I want to get rid of pumping and just go Direct from the Source. Its like DirectBuy but without the scam. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment