Wednesday, April 6, 2011

First feed and First Diaper Change

Today is a good day. The day started off with M getting to hold little miss C for an hour and with her passing another bowel moment. Of course leave it to M to not be around for the first opportunity to change a diaper with more then just pee in it. After all that practice he was doing just for the occasion. Oh well, I got to change her which made me feel more like a normal parent then a parent with a child in the hospital.
More good news from the doctors. First no sign of jaundince, and second they gave the go ahead to start Ceilidh on her first feed. This is what I have been working hard for doing my pumping and freezing. And as my reward I got to feed her, her very first feed. I know it seems so simple but these midlestones again make me feel like a normal parent. At first she didn't really know what to do with the bottle. She just lay there in my arms with said bottle in her mouth but no sucking. But after maybe 10 minutes she finally decided to give it a shot and consumed a whole 6 cc. And so far so good it is still in her.

Right now she is getting an abdominal ultarsound to see how things are settling in her tummy after all this surgery. So I am taking this quick break to post an update. Hopefully, things are settling in fine and we can continue with the recovery. More holding and feeding I hope. Still we are taking it one day at a time. I will try to post a picture of her next feeding.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Daliah, Thanks for keeping us updated on everything, I've been checking your blog daily. You, Mathiew and little miss "C" are in my thoughts everyday. I'm very happy to hear that things are improving.
    Love,
    Laura St.P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Ceilidh! Keep up the eating and pooping. Hahahah C & I are back and I can't wait to see you guys. xoxo

    ReplyDelete