Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fools Day vs Eviction Day

So in the end we turned out to be the fools. Thursday was to be my last appointment before my scheduled surgery on April 7th. I remember asking if there would be anything special about the last appointment. The doctor said it would be the same old, same old...ultrasound and clinic. My friends laughed and said what did I expect balloons.
Well it was special. They saw some fluid around the belly during the ultrasound and the doctor asked what I thought of delivering the baby this week. In hind side I thought it strange that both the ultrasound technician and Dr. asked if I had eaten breakfast already they knew something was going to potentially happen soon. If I hadn't  breakfast I would have had the surgery that day. As it was I had to convince M. that this wasn't an early April fools joke. My last day of work was also suppose to be April fools. I am the fool.
In the end we were scheduled for April 1st at 8:30am. We were bumped a few hours by the only people who could bump us, a set of triplets. Go figure anything can happen on April fools day.

But at 10:55 am weighing at an awesome 6 pounds 11 ounces, and measuring at 51 cm Ceilidh Mary Smith greated us. Full of spunk and with hair. M went off with her while I was being finished up with my "tummy tuck".

Of course everyone had to see her as she isn't a common case. But she has doing great since. So great that just today she had her surgery to repair the Omphalocele or her own "tummy tuck". Just finished talking to the Doctor while typing this. Amazing person he is, he was able to repair the Omphalocele in one surgery. She is such a trooper and of course looks too cute. We have been through a lot and still have things ahead of us but we couldn't be more happier with the way things have turned out thus far. 
Thank you to all our family and friends for all the support. Thank you to the General and CHEO for delivering her safely and taking care of her thus far. Pictures to come when I get home. For now we are chilling at the hospital. Basking in the newes of our little family.

Ps Ceilidh is Galeic for kitchen party. Anyone who went to McGill with M or I will know the significance. It is pronouced Kaylee. Mary is after both our mothers. Mine Maria-Teresa and M's Reine-Marie.

xo D.

4 comments:

  1. So happy and can't wait to see you and meet Ceiligh!
    T xoxo

    PS There's a Ceilidh pub at Trent University too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! Congratulations Dalia and Matt. Love love love her name. It sounds like things are going great. Can't wait to meet her. This is awesome news!!!

    Talk to you soon,
    {{{{BIG HUGS}}}}
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news! Congrats to all 3 of you...we can't wait to meet Ceilidh!
    Love Andre, Becca, Isabelle and Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all of you. It sounds like everyone is doing well. I can't wait to meet Ceilidh.

    ReplyDelete