Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

As we celebrated the New Year we celebrated 25 weeks. Only 14 more to go. I have given Wee Smith specific instructions to stay in there as long as possible. In the mean time we have been preparing giving up our office so that it can be a nursery. The spare room will now double as our office. It is really great to have M around seeing as he can build most things. He will be building the crib at a later date. But for now we are purging and organizing to get the nursery empty and ready for baby things.

It is crazy how much this kid has grown. I don't need ultrasound measurements to tell me that. I can feel the Wee one when it moves around and switches position. Lately it still likes to lay transversely preferring to have its head on my right side and feet on my left side. Any position is fine as long as it stays away from my bladder. I have already experienced a few of those kicks and the word debilitating comes to mind.  It still does not kick on command but M now can regularly feel it kicking. I am waiting for the day that it kicks Trouble the cat while she herself is lying on me.

Next week another ultrasound, glucose test, and later this month fetal echo cardiogram. They still are monitoring Wee for heart issues. Better safe the sorry. Amazing what modern medicine can do.
Happy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that I felt Wee Smith kick! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete