Tuesday, January 18, 2011

12 More Weeks

I feel that we can start counting down instead of counting up. Last week's ultrasound appointment went better then I expected. I didn't freak out when yet again the technician checked with the doctor about the ultrasound. In the end it wasn't anything about the baby and at this point that is a good thing. Also the cyst/growth at the base of the baby's umbilical cord had shrunk so this again is good news. I get a break this week from visiting any type of Health care provider but plenty of phone calls to arrange more visits. Next week, along with yet another ultrasound we are also meeting with the Neonatologist. This is a doctor who cares for newborn infants especially the ill and premature. I hope Wee Smith will only fall into one category. So I have heard this is a very important visit and scary as well as they tell try to prepare you for the worst. No sugar coating. Both M and I will be going to this one together. Strength in numbers.
Lastly I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the perinatal nurses at the General. In particular Nurse N. She is truly an amazing person. Both M and I felt that she goes beyond the call of duty. She always has a smile for you and a hug if required. She makes it easier to keep going back to the High Risk Unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment