Friday, June 3, 2011

Vaccination time

Yesterday Ceilidh got her first vaccinations. Ouch, one on each thigh. But I must say though she cried she took it like a champ. Nothing that an offering of breastfeeding couldn't fix. She quickly forgot about her needle woes and focused on other things. I often wonder if she remembers all those procedures done on her in those first few weeks of life. Two needles must be a walk in the park compared to the rest. But no fever or side effects of her first vaccinations and she got major cuddles the whole day.

Summer dress

Outfit after summer dress got spit up on.

On other news she is still packing the weight on. While though the doctor tells me that she is in the 25th percentile for weight and height I can see she is gaining and growing which is the important part. Not only have I had to change her infant carrier straps to adjust to her new found growth I have also had to designate clothes as too small.  Her cheeks are definitely filling out more so that she is starting to look like me. Cheeks I have plenty of. She is also starting to make cooing sounds. Sounds other then the grunts she usually makes, more ahs and bas. She also has a new found love for her fingers as she sticks them in her mouth. I am trying to offer her the pacifier as compensation but she still likes those fingers more. We will keep trying.
9 weeks and 9 lbs 10 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment