Friday, May 27, 2011

Long time no post

 I keep thinking about this blog really I do and
then something else side tracks me when I do
have a moment. Taking a nap is high on the priority list.
So what have we been up to since the last post. Well our weight issues still continued. We were doing so well that if you remember from the last post we went to breastfeeding alone. And then we had a hiccup where her weight did not rise as much as it should. We went back to topping her up by bottle with some of my pumped milk. She did finally come around to gaining the 1oz a day they recommend for her age group. The the timing could not be more perfect as she now is not a fan of the bottle anymore. She will take it if it is her sole meal which means she is hungry but does not want it as a top up. Only draft for this kid, leave your bottle behind. She has a friend who is exactly the same age as her (they are an hour apart) and she has also gone through the same no more bottle phase.
We are actually at the point where she is starting to outgrow clothes, and clothes that I thought were to big for her are now starting to fit. Like the blue hat her cousin had especially made for her. When we first tried it on it was too big and now it is just right. I love it because its a lovely colour and yet still feminine with the flower on the side. Reminds me of flapper girls. She is wearing it today on her 8th week picture. Wow 8 weeks have just flown by. Other milestones include her sleeping for 5 hours. Unfortunately for me they were not through the night but it still shows it is a possibility although she has not repeated that since.

She is also starting to enjoy bath time a little more. She tolerates her hair and face being washed. Although still kicks up a fuss when we place her in the tub to wash her body. I am told that other kids like baths but we are still waiting for this to happen to her. Still also waiting for her hair to curl. She still has a lot of it, if it has fallen out I have not noticed. I can not get over as to how much people comment on her full set of hair. Who knew hair on a baby was such a commodity. I never paid attention to it before and honestly I still do not. Okay that is my update for now. As you notice the post will be more sporadic.
Right after bath time
 

No comments:

Post a Comment