Friday, June 10, 2011

Hitting the double digits

This week Ceilidh has hit the double digits in weight. Our little girl is now in the 10 lb range and I can sure feel it when I pick her up. Although the cat still weighs more then she does.

Swimming, napping, and puking are the highlights of this week.

What happens when you sleep on damp hair.
I will start with the napping. Why is it the babies won't nap when you know they need to. Sadly we learned this the hard way. She had two horrible days where we didn't force her to nap, although in our defence we never had to before she napped willingly on her own. The result was a fuss pot of a baby. The whole evening she just could not be consoled. This was the weekend so at least both M and I were dealing with this together. After ruling out everything else I figured it might be the napping issue so Monday come hell or high water I made sure she napped. This meant her sleeping in my arms a few times, not so comfy for me but what a much happier baby.

Puking. This is another fun event. I have become the master of directing Ceilidh to get puke on things that are easy to clean. I can always tell when she is about to do it but can never prevent her. We have tried many things. I spoke to the nurse and she has let me know that for babies their valve to their tummies doesn't fully close till they are one. And some babies are more sensitive of this then others. Guess which one I have. So as long as she is gaining weight, which she is, and she has no other issues or signs of illness ie no fever then we will have to just embrace her sensitive gag reflex. Joy! Might make people think twice before asking to hold her. Of course this  usually happens right after feedings.



Lastly swimming.
Ready to swim in her bathing suit

This week I took Ceilidh swimming in an indoor salt water pool. I know the weather is hot but outdoor  pool water generally is not warm (plus our local pool only opens on the 18th) so indoor pool guaranteed warmer water. Now while Ceilidh likes her hair being washed she does not like bath time in general. Taking her swimming was a gamble. But it worked out really well. While I did not dunk her completely in she enjoyed the water from her chest down. We started with testing the water with her feet while I held her close to me and then continued slowly submerging her ever so slightly.  And while I can not wait for the day where I can play with her in the water like the other moms I went with I am totally proud of her. And her next bath time wasn't as traumatic so maybe its a change in times.

No comments:

Post a Comment