Wednesday, October 6, 2010

First Post: Hello

The Hubby (M) and I (D) had always talked about creating a blog documenting our first pregnancy. At the time it was to preserve our thoughts, special moments etc.  to pass on to our kid at a later date. Electronic baby book, no scrap book skills needed.  It was also going to be our way to keep Friends and Family in the loop as to what was going on. Having friends all over Ontario and other parts of Canada we thought it would be easier and lets face it FB has its limits.
Oh how those were the simple days. For what ever reason I always procrastinated starting said blog. And then we got the news no expecting parents let alone first time expecting parents want to hear “ultrasound showed that the baby has an abdominal wall defect”.  For a while now our life has been about appointments, tests, results, worry and stress. But we are coming out of that phase. So what better time to start the blog.
M and I live in the Ottawa area. I noticed a lot of the other blogs out there for Omphaloceles are from our American neighbours so we thought it would be nice to put a Canuck perspective on it, free medical care and all (thank goodness). This blog is still more for our Friends and Family to keep them posted on what’s going on with us but if anyone else is going through this I think it’s always a comfort to know you are not alone. At least it was for M and I. I will still put up some of our older stuff as we kept track of it in a book (so old school). I the only link I will share with you is the one from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. It's the easiest visual way for you to understand what we are going through.
Thanks for reading.  D & M Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment